Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Tennessee Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Tennessee Business and Law Exam$219.99
A contractors License in Tennessee is required for projects that exceed $25,000. Anyone seeking to become a contractor in Tennessee is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade. Topics in our online course include bidding and estimating, contract management, liens, tax basics, insurance bonding, scheduling and project management, employee relations, financial management and more. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you –…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
There are many classifications of licensure that can be obtained by passing only this exam. For example, you could obtain a license in roofing, gas piping, painting, carpentry, masonry, and so forth.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
A contractors License in Tennessee is required for projects that exceed $25,000.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in Tennessee is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Please note that the Limited Licensed Electrician and the Limited Licensed Plumber classifications do NOTrequire the business and law exam to be passed.
- Workers Compensation is required
General liability insurance requirements are based on your monetary limit.
- If your monetary limit is up to $500,000, you will need to provide $100,000 coverage.
- If your monetary limit is $500,001 - $1,500,000, you will need to provide $500,000 coverage.
- If your monetary limit is greater than $1,500,000 you will need to provide $1,000,000 coverage.
Applying For Your License
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors by calling 1-800-544-7693. The licensing and application fee is $250.00.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 50 questions and a 140 minute time limit
- 73% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $57.
- Topics on the exam include licensing requirements, estimating and bidding, business organization and financial management, tax laws, labor laws, project management and lien law, contractors, risk management, and environment and safety.
Books and References for the Exam
Your state exam is open book. To Our online exam prep is available 24/7. Study from your home or office with an instructor presenting the information to you online.
- Fast Shipping
- Lowest Pricing
- Printed Tabs
The following reference is permitted to be taken into the examination. This reference may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Tennessee Contractors Guide to Business and Project Management
Exam Review Education
Our online exam prep is available 24/7. Study from your home or office with an instructor presenting the information to you online.
- Highlighting Guide
- Instructor Support
- Practice Exams
- Study Tips
- 1 Year of Access
Online Training: Each time you take the practice test, the questions our randomly generated from our database so you never see the same test twice. Topics in this review include bidding and estimating, contract management, liens, tax basics, insurance and bonding, scheduling and project management, employee management, financial management, and much more.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
Tennessee has limited reciprocity agreement with the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.