Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Idaho Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Idaho Plumbing License – Books Only Package$136.99
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Idaho Plumbing License – Examination Materials:
- 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2017 Idaho State Plumbing Code
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A licensed plumber in Idaho can perform all aspects of plumbing, utility connections, irrigation systems, as well as gas piping to water heaters, laundry equipment, kitchen equipment, gas grills, and swimming pool heaters.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- All apprentices for the Journeyman must be registered yearly
- An applicant for the Journeyman must show a minimum of 4 years of experience, pass and exam with no less than 75% correct, and pass a practical work exam
- Contractors must be certified, plus have the required time enrolled in an approved related training course and have a provable minimum of 2 1/2 years experience as a Journeyman plumber, either in Idaho or in another state
- Contractors performing hands-on work must test and pass the journeyman exam
- A $2,000 surety bond is required with the submission prior to taking the contractor exam
- Licenses are good for 3 years and must be renewed before the expiration date
Applying For Your License
Division of Building Safety, Plumbing Bureau
1090 E. Watertower St.
Meridian, ID 83642
- 100 questions total and a time limit of 4 hours (Journeyman)
- 100 questions total and a time limit of 3 hours (Contractor)
- Open Book
- Exam requires a 70% to pass.
- To schedule your exams, contact the bureau at 208-334-3442.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. You can purchases the references from our online bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- Uniform Plumbing Code, 2015 (Journeyman) OR Idaho State Plumbing Code
- Idaho Contractors Business and Law Reference Manual
- Idaho Plumbing Statutes and Rules 2017
Exam Review Education
We currently do not have any training material for this test, but please check back later for updates.
Journeyman plumbers are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education every three years. Contractors are required to complete 16 hours of continuing education every three years. We offer this online.
Idaho has a reciprocal agreement with Oregon, and Montana for the journeyman plumber license only.