Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Oregon Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Oregon Plumbing License (Jouneyman/Contractor) – Books Only Package$142.98
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A journeyman plumber may perform all plumbing installations, alterations, or remodels. A journeyman plumber has completed an approved apprenticeship training program or equivalent training/experience and has passed the State Plumbing Board plumbing license examination.
The holder of a certificate of "registration to conduct a plumbing business" entitles a person to advertise; furnish labor and material, or labor only; to install; alter; and repair plumbing. This registration does not entitle the holder to work as a journeyman plumber without a certificate of competence.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an approved four year plumbing apprenticeship program.
- Submit a copy of your high school diploma or transcript, a GED certificate, or a military record (DD214) showing proof of high school completion.
- Pass a written examination. (Journeyman)
- Must register with the Construction Contractors Board prior to submitting an application for the Plumbing Business/Contractor license.
Steps to Licensure
- Complete the required training and pass CCB’s statewide test.
- File your assumed business name, LLC or corporation with OR Corporation Division.
- Submit a CCB surety bond.
- Provide proof of general liability insurance.
- Provide evidence of worker’s comp. and other employer account numbers if applicable.
- Submit a completed CCB application with the $325 fee for two years.
Applying For Your License
- $305.00 to apply and take journeyman plumber's examination. This fee includes your first license cycle when you pass the exam. Download application form here.
- $240.00 Reciprocal application fee. You must have tested in the state you are reciprocating from.
- $300.00 application fee for a plumbing contractor. Download application form here.
DCBS - Building Codes Division
PO BOX 14470
Salem, OR 97309 - 0404
Written exam and practical exam (Journeyman):
(1) Written exam: 4 hour 64 question open book. All questions are multiple choice or True/False. Minimum score to pass the exam - 75 percent.
(2) Practical exam: blue print reading, isometric drawing, and Piping assembly. Minimum score to pass the exam - 75 percent.
Books and References for the Exam
Only the following materials are permitted for OPEN-BOOK examinations:
- Oregon State Plumbing Specialty Code
- One and Two Family Dwelling Specialty Code
- (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Code
- Oregon Administrative Rules
- Oregon Revised Statutes
Exam Review Education
We do not offer a review for the Oregon Plumbing License exam at this time. Courses are always under development so please continue to check back with us. We do stock all of the approved reference materials in our bookstore. Please call us at 1-800-952-0910 or you can purchase online.
8 hours of code related credits per license year. One code change course is required if determined by the Plumbing Board. We offer this online.
Idaho and Montana