Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the HVAC field? Study at home for your Arizona HVAC license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Arizona Industrial Refrigeration – Commercial (C-49)$164.99
To become a licensed Industrial Refrigeration Contractor in the state of Arizona, you are required to pass an open-book exam. We offer the books, tabs, and a fully online and inclusive educational course to prepare you to sit for the C-49 Contractors exam. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the following work:
- Installation, alteration, and repair of refrigeration equipment and systems used for processing, storage, and display of food products and other perishable commodities.
- Includes commercial, industrial and manufacturing processes requiring refrigeration, excluding comfort air conditioning.
- Systems may also include the following areas of work and related equipment: temperature, safety and capacity controls, thermal insulation, vibration insulation materials and devices; water treatment devices; construction and installation of walkin refrigeration boxes, liquid fuel piping and tanks, water and gas piping from equipment to service connection; and testing and balancing of refrigeration equipment and systems.
- If necessary, a new circuit may be added to the existing service panel or sub-panel. Excluded is the installation of a new service panel or sub-panel.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- 4 years of experience is required.
- Please note that the Arizona Business Management exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractor’s license.
- Workers compensation insurance is required if you employ at least 1 person.
Must carry a Bond (Commercial)
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is less than $150,000 your current bond will need to be $2,500
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $150,000 or more but less than $500,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $7,000
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $500,000 or more but less than $1,000,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $17,500
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $1,000,000 or more but less than $5,000,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $25,000
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $5,000,000 or more but less than $1,000,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $37,500
Applying For Your License
To apply, contact the Arizona Registrar of Contractors at 1-602-542-1525. Licenses are good for 2 years. Licenses are generally granted within 40-60 days.
- Application fee is $480
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The fee for the exam is $66 when taking 1 portion or $116 when taking 2 portions (business management and the trade).
- The exam has 80 questions and a time limit of 210 minutes.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration, Controls and Motors, Installation, Start-up and Operation, Testing and Trouble Shooting, General Knowledge and Theory, Sizing and Estimating, Box Construction and Cases, and Piping and Tubing including Valves.
- Examinations can be scheduled through PSI by calling 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are recommended to study for the examination. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
The following references ARE PERMITTED to be used during the exam.
- OSHA Part 1926
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
The following references ARE NOT PERMITTED to be used during the exam.
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Industrial Refrigeration Handbook
Exam Review Education
The program takes you through each one of the reference books allowed into the exam, showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented.