Please contact our office at 800-952-0910 for questions, or to inquire about a title you cannot find.
The following references are recommended to study for the Louisiana Electrical Contractor exam. The following books will be provided to you for the duration of the examination. You will not be allowed to use your own books during the examination.
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- Ugly’s Electrical References
- NFPA 70E 2021
- American Electrician’s Handbook
2020 National Electrical Code – NFPA 70$162.99
Throughout the United States and around the world, NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) sets the foundation for electrical safety in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies.
Ugly’s Electrical References$23.99
UGLY’S Electrical References is a pocket size, (4 1/8″ X 6″), electrical reference book. “UGLY’S” is the most popular pocket-sized electrical book in America! It’s used world-wide by electricians, engineers, contractors, military, designers, maintenance workers, and instructors.
American Electricians Handbook 17th edition$131.99
This is a practical, on-the-job resource for every professional electrician.
Louisiana Electrical Contractor – NEC Exam Review$164.99
All applicants who desire to become licensed as an electrical contractor need to make an application to the board and must state the classification of work the applicant desires to perform from a list of major classifications. Any person, firm, partnership, co-partnership, association, corporation, or other organization bidding on or performing a job in the amount of $50,000 or more the licensee shall hold the major classification or subdivision thereunder of electrical work or mechanical work as the case may be. Please note that the Business and Law examinatio…
NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace® 2021$118.99
The new 2021 edition features extensive changes, including:
- Revisions to Article 110 to incorporate the general requirements for electrical safety-related work programs, practices, and procedures from other articles
- References to arc-resistant switchgear in Tables 130.5(C) and 130.7(C)(15)(a) changed to arc-resistant equipment to address the use of other types of arc-resistant equipment
- Addition of Article 360, Safety-Related Requirements for Capacitors, and Annex R, Working with Capacitors, to address specific el…