Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Nevada Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A person who holds a classification C-4 license may, apply any type of paint, varnish, shellac, stain, protective coatings and wax, attach papers, fabrics and plastics to the surfaces of buildings and their appurtenances, examine and prepare surfaces for painting and wallcovering, and install drywall, metal studs and acoustical tile.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval is required to sit for the exam.
- Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license.
- All contractors are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance.
- Each contractor's license issued in the State of Nevada requires a license bond. The Nevada State Contractors Board determines the amount of the bond at the time of license approval. The bond can vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000. When determining the amount of bond required, the Board will consider the type of license requested, monetary limit granted, past, present or future financial responsibility, experience, and character of the applicant.
- The Nevada Contractor Management Survey Exam is also required to be passed.
Applying For Your License
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 50 questions and 2 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include Materials, Surface Preparation, Application, Tools, Problems and Prevention, Safety, Drywall, and Color.
- Exam fee is $95 for the trade or $140 for both the trade and the Contract Managment Survey Exam
- *Contract Managment Survey Exam is also required to be passed.
Books and References for the Exam
The exam is CLOSED BOOK.
The following reference materials are NOT allowed in the examination.
- Painting & Decorating Craftsman's Manual and Textbook
- OSHA 1926
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Nevada Painting and Decorating Contractor (C-4) exam in home study/tutorial format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.