Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Hawaii Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Hawaii Plumbing Contractor – Books Only Package$597.95
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
To install, repair, or alter complete plumbing systems which shall include supply water piping systems, waste water piping systems, fuel gas piping systems, and other fluid piping systems; the equipment, instrumentation, non-electric controls, and the fixture for these systems and the venting for waste water piping systems and fuel gas piping systems; for any purpose in connection with the use and occupancy of buildings, structures, works, and premises where people or animals live, work, and assemble; including piping for vacuum, air, and medical gas systems, spas and swimming pools, lawn sprinkler systems, irrigation systems, sewer lines and related sewage disposal work performed within property lines, fire protection sprinkler systems when supervised by licensed mechanical engineers or licensed fire protection contractors, and solar hot water heating systems, and the trenching, back filling, patching, and surface restoration in connection therewith.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Every applicant must pass the Business and Law (Part I) and Trade Specific (Part II) exam.
- Must have 5 years of experience for a journey worker and an extended 2 years for a master license
- Credit report covering the previous 5 years on each individual applicant
- A current financial statement prepared and signed by a CPA
- A current state tax clearance from the Dept. of Taxation
- Must submit a certificate of insurance for worker's compensation and certificate from their insurer showing liability coverage for: Property damage- $50,000 per occurrence and Bodily Injury- $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence.
- A license is required to offer to undertake work which requires a license.
- Required to renew on or before June 30 every 3 years: 2011, 2014, 2017, etc
Applying For Your License
To apply for a contractors license, contact:
Hawaii Department of Commerce
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
- All exams are closed-book.
- 80 Questions – Three-hour time limit
- 75% Correct Required to Pass
- Topics include: Water Supply Sysytems, Drainage Waste And Vents, Sizing And Estimating,Fuel Gas Sysytems, Fixtures and Trim, Excavation, Medical Gas Systems, and Building Sewers.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are NOT permitted to be taken into the examination. They are available for purchase from our online contractor's bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
All Code questions in this exam are from the following:
- 2006 Uniform Plumbing Code
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Modern Plumbing
- NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code
- OSHA Part 1926
Exam Review Education
As of this time we do not offer any classes for this content. Please check back in the future for possible material. However, we do stock all of the recommended references in our online bookstore.