Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your New Mexico Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
New Mexico Application Processing$249.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the New Mexico Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
New Mexico Residential Building Contractor License – GB – 2$219.99
A New Mexico Residential Building Contractors License is required in New Mexico for any job that involves the trade. Anyone seeking to become a contractor in New Mexico is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade. The applicant must submit a bond for $500 to $5,000 and provide proof of required experience (2-4 years depending on classification). The applicant must also submit a certificate of competence. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your …
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A New Mexico Residential Building Contractor services include to bid and contract for any residential construction, remodeling or renovation project.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- A New Mexico Residential Building Contractors license is required in New Mexico for any job that involves the trade.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in New Mexico is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- The applicant must submit a bond for $500 to $5,000 (depending on the anticipated dollar level of projects in the state), cash collateral or audited financial statement.
- Applicants qualifying agent must provide proof of required experience (2-4 years depending on classification).
- The applicant must also submit a certificate of competence.
Applying For Your License
The application fee is $30.00, licensing fee is $30.00 and the annual renewal fee is $50.00.
Applications for all types of contractor's licenses are available from:
Contractors Licensing Service, Inc.
3211 Coors Blvd. SW, Suite D-4
Albuquerque, NM 87121
- The New Mexico Residential Building Contractor exam has 80 questions and a time limit of 220 minutes.
- A 75% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include sitework, concrete, masonry; carpentry; doors and windows; drywall and finishes; thermal and moisture protection; general code; plan reading and estimating; and OSHA safety.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- New Mexico Residential Building Code
- New Mexico Administrative Code Title 14
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- Code of Federal Regulations, OSHA
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Contractor Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Modern Masonry
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Roofing Construction and Estimating
- Guide to Good Practice for Wood Trusses
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the New Mexico Residential Building Contractor exam in an online class format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion. The program is narrated and animated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
Not required at this time.
None at this time.