Addressing Radon Decay Products – Another Tool in the Tool Box (4 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- It is well known the mechanism by which radon exposure increases the potential of lung cancer is alpha release from the short-lived decay products of radon and the amount of these decay products available for respiration can vary due to air circulation rates, particulate levels, etc.
- This course explores from a practical standpoint how radon decay products are measured and how RDP reduction can enhance soil gas remediation by reducing radon risks to very low levels.
- This course was presented at the request of the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists at its Annual Meeting in Banff, Alberta on April 23, 2017. Although provided to a Canadian audience it has application for radon professionals around the world.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- This course, approved by the NRPP for 4 educational CE credits, expands the radon measurement professional’s skills beyond testing residential structures to be able to take advantage of the expanding market of conducting surveys in large buildings such as schools and apartment buildings.
- Testing large buildings entails a lot more than taking using more test devices.
- It is necessary to be able to convey to the client why multiple locations need to be tested; be able to implement communication plans for occupants; and to understand special approaches to interpreting results to provide the best value to the client while shielding you from downstream liabilities.
- This course, recorded at a live classroom session at the National Radon Conference in Vancouver in April, 2015 deals with all of these issues and more.
- It also provides sample notices, log sheets and other tools you will need to fully implement a large survey.
- You will be able to watch and listen to the lecture as well as benefit from the poignant questions posed by the live audience, consisting of radon professionals just like you.
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job.
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Resources
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 4 Category 1 CE Credits
There are no contributions yet.