Addressing Radon in Daycare Facilities, Schools and Large Buildings (16 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- This course takes radon testing to the next logical step in developing a considered approach to addressing radon concerns that have been identified during a building survey.
- Whether a survey involves a daycare facility, a school, or an administrative building, there is often a need, as dictated by the availability of resources versus the severity of the problem, to have a plan of attack.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim.
These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- In recent years there has been a significant increase in radon surveys occurring in non-residential buildings such as schools, office buildings, apartments and even child care facilities.
- Addressing concerns in these types of buildings can be significantly more complex than dealing with single family homes.
- This added complexity is due to their size, and the additional factors associated with HVAC mechanical systems, non-owner occupants, communication plans, and long-term maintenance programs, not to mention budgets.
- Large facilities can greatly benefit from a well thought out plan for positive action that can save initial and long-term maintenance and have a positive impact on occupants. But if done improperly or haphazardly can create some ugly occupant relationships if not bad press in the media.
- This program walks through the development of the elements of a long-term management plan to address validated radon risks in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to a safe environment without breaking the bank or creating wholesale panic.
- This course is designed for both radon professionals who want to expand their services in developing management plans as part of a mitigation strategy, as well as building owners who will undoubtedly be charged with executing such a plan
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 16 CE Credits (Category 1)