Application of HRV/ERV’s for Radon Reduction (4 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- This 4 hr CE course was a LIVE WEBCAST during the AARST 2020 Virtual International Radon Symposium
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim.
These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- Ventilation strategies for radon reduction are employed for a variety of reasons, typically when a traditional ASD or SMD system is not practical.
- But selling a ventilation job without being able to predict the expected radon reductions is tricky.
- What happens if the radon levels don’t change as expected?
- Are there comfort or energy considerations if the ventilation guidance of ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.2 is exceeded?
- Various methods of estimating the potential impact of increasing ventilation will be demonstrated.
- This will give you the confidence to recommend a ventilation strategy when appropriate while providing the customer with meaningful estimates of the expected radon reduction.
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job.
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Resources
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 4 Category 1 CE Credits