Start preparing for CompTIA A+ certification as you learn PC basics and troubleshoot in a real world PC environment.
Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Time to roll up those sleeves and dive inside the personal computer. The Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course teaches you about the hardware common to virtually every personal computer, including microprocessors, RAM, power supplies, motherboards, UEFI/BIOS, the system setup utility, the expansion bus, and input/output devices. You will learn how things work, how to configure everything, and how to troubleshoot in real-world environments. This course gives you the knowledge to base the rest of your CompTIA A+ certification studies for the 220-901 and 220-902 exams.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- It’s also recommended that you have a PC that you can take apart and put back together again. Because of the dangers of electro-static discharge (to the machine, not the student), you are not required to tear apart your own primary computer. This is, however, a class that trains you to be a hardware technician – having a machine to play with greatly helps your learning.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00