Discover how easy it can be to learn common words and phrases for both leisure and business.
Beginning Conversational French (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Proper pronunciation is important to good communication. Beginning Conversational French will help you master the best pronunciations. Simply click on each word to hear it spoken. Every word and sentence is also written out phonetically.
This course has been carefully crafted to ensure you will have no trouble pronouncing French words correctly. The first three lessons introduce the basics needed for most conversations in French, such as “please” and “thank you.” You will also learn numbers, days of the week, months of the year, and telling time.
The entire course is structured in this logical, systematic method. After the introduction and basic conversation lessons, you will learn what to say at the airport. From the airport, you need to get to your hotel, so you will learn how to talk about transportation. The following lesson shows you how to talk to hotel employees. After you have settled into your hotel, you will probably be hungry — the course covers how to communicate in restaurants.
Each lesson also includes cultural tips. Hand and body gestures mean different things in different cultures. For example, do you know the proper way to point to avoid offending people in France? This course will tell you. You will be pleased with your quick progress, and you will be prepared for your next trip!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- You must have working speakers or headphones.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00