Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn how to create your very own blog and podcast using the tools that you already have available on your computer.
Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners will teach you how to plan and create you very own blog and podcast. Through hands-on exercises, you will discover the benefits of using free web tools like Blogger, WordPress, Audacity, and YouTube. You will find that creating a blog and podcast is much easier than you ever imagined.
First, you will learn how to develop a plan for the content, setup, maintenance, and how to use free blogging software like Blogger and WordPress to put that plan into action. After that, learn how to record a professional-sounding audio podcast with a very simple recording tool you already have. You will edit the file with another free software program, add music to it, and then post it online for others to enjoy. Finally, you will find out how to record a video podcast. You will edit it, add special effects, drop in a podcasting-safe music file, and then publish it online.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users should expect to make adjustments based on their operating system differences especially during the podcast portion of the course. In addition, Mac users will download different versions of audio editing software and video editing software that will differ from the directions presented in the course.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- You should expect to download free online programs including an audio editing program during the class in order to create a blog and podcast.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00