Learn all about the civil litigation process and how it impacts the role of the paralegal.
The course is designed to follow the procedures of a civil lawsuit from the first client contact through discovery, settlement negotiations or trial, and appeal. You will learn the roles and responsibilities of the paralegal in preparing court documents, investigation, client and witness contact, discovery and trial assistantship.
This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later operating systems.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00