CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep 1 (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Master the terms and concepts you need to pass the CompTIA® Security+ SY0-501 exam and earn your Security+ certificate.
The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts that information security analysts will be among the fastest-growing occupations through 2022. CompTIA’s Security+ certificate is widely regarded as the entry-level certificate for this fast-growing field. Getting that certificate requires passing CompTIA’s challenging SY0-501 exam.
This course covers the key terminology and concepts you need to know to ace the exam, all in a condensed format for rapid reading. The course provides helpful study tools including games and practice questions to aid with learning. All of the content is geared toward helping you pass the SY0-501 exam, so you can leave the test center with your Security+ certificate in hand, whether you are taking the exam for the first time, or using it as a refresher to renew your certification.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
CompTIA recommends that you have A+ and Network+ certifications, and two years on-the-job networking experience, prior to preparing for this exam. We don’t require that much but you should have knowledge of TCP/IP networking prior to signing up for this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00