The Deep Tissue with Ease concept of courses come from many years of practicing deep tissue and sports therapy modalities while also becoming fascinated with light touch techniques, mainly Cranio Sacral therapy. Through the years those two seemingly opposite worlds have morphed into a beautiful technique which I believe has lasting effects on the client while being easier to practice on the therapist. In this course you will see movement combined with light touch principles to release the muscles associated with the hip girdle. This treatment will aid in treating structural problems associated with conditions such as sciatica, low back pain and issues related to the TFL. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Deep Tissue with Ease – Hip Girdle
Kelly James entered the world of massage therapy in 1993 when she began classes at Healing Hands School of Holistic Health in Escondido, CA. After 2 years she received a Holistic Health Practitioner certification, a 1000 hour program including a wide range of massage modalities as well as training in nutrition and communication. She soon began teaching for Healing Hands in their Circulatory and Sports massage programs. Soon after moving to the Midwest in 2009 she began teaching continuing education seminars and joined the massage therapy program at a local trade school. In her 26 years of practicing massage therapy she has developed a style that combines Deep Tissue and sports therapies with the light touch principles she learned practicing Cranio Sacral therapy. Kelly now lives in Kentucky and practices in partnership with a chiropractor.
Included in your online course
- Myofacial system review and how it is affected by pressure
- Manual Therapy and the nervous system
- Interaction of the myofacial and nervous systems
- Benefits of active and passive movement in manual therapy
- Demonstrations of technique in the musculature of the hip girdle
What you will learn
- To increase massage therapists’ awareness of how the nervous system impacts the musculature
- To demonstrate the power of movement techniques in assessment and treatment of common conditions in the hip girdle seen by massage therapists
- To help massage therapists focus during sessions in order to feel more nuances of release in the muscle tissue at lighter pressure
- To increase the massage therapists ability to deliver longer lasting positive results to their clients
Deep Tissue with Ease
Online Course (1 CE Hour)