Fundamentals of Supervision and Management II (Online Course)
Learn how to be an effective manager or supervisor. Master the basics of communicating effectively, and learn tools for developing your own interpersonal skills.
Have you ever felt technically prepared for a supervisor’s role, yet felt defeated by all of the people issues that seem to arise? You are not alone; many people feel the same way. In this six-week online course, you will learn how to be a more effective manager or supervisor. You will master the basics of communication, because effective communication is essential in your quest to be a good manager or supervisor.
In addition, you will learn how you can develop your interpersonal skills by understanding and dealing with the various people issues that arise at work. You will see how you can understand various personality traits–in yourself and in others–and how they impact the ability to get the job done. These traits include emotional intelligence, the need for power, conscientiousness, agreeableness, and more. You will be able to assess your own personality, as well as the personalities of your co-workers and boss, and you’ll develop a plan of action to improve both your interpersonal skills and your work relationships.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Completion of Fundamentals of Supervision and Management (or equivalent experience).
Course Hours: 24.00