Getting Started with Google Workspace (Online Course)
More and more businesses are switching to Google Workspace for their business documents and communications. Are you ready? In this course, you will get experience with nine great Google apps for business and personal use, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides, and learn how they all work together in a seamless suite.
In a business environment—using Google Workspace, a web-based suite of applications designed for different types of work—can significantly increase your productivity. These apps can increase creativity, critical thinking, and communication in a classroom setting. Google Workspace can also be beneficial in personal use as you look to deepen your understanding of working with others, including family, friends, teammates, volunteers, and more!
In this Google Workspace training course, you will learn about the many free apps (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Contacts, Calendar, Meet, and Chat) that Google makes available on the web and how to put them to work for business, hobbies, and personal projects. You will find out how to use each of the most popular Google apps and how they fit together to support each other and make things easier for you—from sending email messages to creating business and personal documents to sharing files and more.
Upon successful completion of your course, you will know the ins and outs of Google Workspace apps, such as beginner and advanced features and formulas from your Google Sheets training, Gmail best practices, and world-class presentations produced using Slides.
What you will learn
- Send and receive mail with Gmail
- Manage appointments and contacts
- Schedule and host video meetings
- Create business documents and spreadsheets
- Produce and deliver business presentations
How you will benefit
- Master multiple types of professional online communication
- Create business letters and reports that help you shine in writing
- Build spreadsheets that help people understand financial data
- Enhance your speeches and presentations with attractive supporting graphics
This course can be taken on a PC, Chromebook, or Mac device.
- Operating System:
- Windows: Windows 7 or later
- Mac: macOS El Capitan 10.11 or later
- Linux: 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04+, Debian 10+, openSUSE 15.2+, or Fedora Linux 32+ running on an Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE3 capable
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 or later
- Browser: Google Chrome (latest version)
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Other: Google account (can be created in Lesson 1)
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00