Grammar Refresher II (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Take your grammar and language mechanics skills to the next level, and master the building blocks of effective writing.
This course reviews the foundational elements of grammar, including the parts of speech, and master the basics of punctuation and mechanics.
You will explore sentence structure, nouns and pronouns, and you will work with the different kinds of verb tenses. You will also explore adjective and adverb use and be introduced to some best practices for using these parts of speech effectively in your writing.
Then, learn phrases and clauses, as well as parallelism, coordination, and subordination. You will see how different phrases and clauses fit together in sentences so that your writing is clear, concise, and meaningful.
Finally, put your skills to work as you explore some different kinds of business writing, paragraph writing, and even formal essay writing. By the time you’re done with the course, you will not only have the advanced grammar skills you need, you will also understand how to use those skills in practical ways.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00