Handling Medical Emergencies (Online Course)
This course will teach you how to identify common medical emergencies, recognize signs and symptoms, and how to render appropriate emergency care.
If a member of your family suffered a medical emergency, you could certainly call for trained emergency medical responders, but what would you do while you’re waiting for them to arrive? Every second counts during a medical emergency.
Recognizing the early signs and symptoms of common medical conditions and providing appropriate treatment can mean a better outcome for the patient and can greatly reduce the seriousness of the illness, which means a shorter hospital stay and lower medical costs. It’s also very satisfying to know how to help someone in a time of need.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00