Incorporation of Rn Control Techniques in New Construction (8 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- Presenting a new course that covers technical aspects of radon measurement and mitigation for residential buildings as well as schools and commercial buildings.
- It also encompasses techniques for fixing existing structures and design parameters for the incorporation of radon control systems during the construction of homes and large buildings.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- This course revolves around a recording of a March 2020 webcast attended by members of several building departments and public health agencies.
- You will be able to view and benefit from the live audience questions.
- During the video you will hear the presentation and see the graphics as well as follow along and take notes on a downloadable guide for all of the slides presented.
- The course is based upon the recently published Radon Technical Guidance: Measuring and Mitigating Radon in Colorado, which you will be able to download and use for this course.
- It also serves as a reference for other radon related questions you may have.
- The course also contains a video of field installation techniques to reinforce the lecture and additional resources and links to web based protocols and standards
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job
•Video Recording of Webcast
• Technical Guidance Document
• Installing Radon Systems in New Homes Video
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 8 CE Credits (Category 1)