Infection Control Training for New York State Healthcare Professionals
NEW YORK STATE MANDATED INFECTION CONTROL COURSE. NYSED-approved 4 contact hour training covers infection prevention, infection control practices and procedures, barriers, PPE, safe environment principles, and preventing transmission of infectious disease to and from healthcare workers. Must be taken every four years. Bestseller course!
- Discuss New York State’s requirements for infection control.
- Summarize the principles and practices of infection prevention and control.
- Describe the modes and mechanisms of the transmission of pathogenic organisms, including the chain of infection.
- Discuss engineering and work practice controls designed to reduce patient and healthcare worker exposure to infectious materials.
- Identify barriers and personal protective equipment for protection from exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Describe the principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization in the healthcare environment.
- Identify occupational health strategies for preventing the transmission of bloodborne and other pathogens to and from healthcare workers.
- Recognize suspected sepsis and methods to prevent it.
MANDATED INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING FOR NEW YORK NYSED-approved training on infection control. Infection prevention, infection control practices and procedures, barriers and PPE, sepsis.
REQUIRED FOR NY RN/LPN NYSED-approved training on infection control. Infection prevention, infection control practices and procedures, barriers and PPE, sepsis.
- Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is approved as a provider of infection control and barrier precautions training by the New York State Education Department, provider ID #IC138, and the New York State Department of Health, provider ID #OT10601.
- Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 4.00
Course Availability: Expires 2023-10-01
This course fulfills the requirement for 4 hours of infection control training for many healthcare professionals in New York.