Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep (Online Course)
Take the second step toward becoming a CompTIA A+ certified tech by mastering virtualization, multifunction devices, three flavors of Windows, plus macOS and Linux operating systems.
The Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course teaches you how to install, organize, maintain, and troubleshoot three different versions of Windows, plus explore similar features in macOS and Linux. You will examine and compare the features and structures of Windows 7, 8/8.1, and 10. Toward the end of the course you will get a deeper understanding of virtualization and virtual machines in modern networks. Plus, you will learn about printers and multifunction devices, from the various technologies in use to installing and troubleshooting. This course takes you through the second of three steps you need to become both a highly-competent PC tech and a CompTIA A+ certified technician, using the 1001 and 1002 competencies.
- Access to a PC running Windows is required.
- Access to a Mac running macOS (in addition to the PC) is recommended.
- You should have access to a hard drive that you can install, format, and partition, and to a couple of Plug and Play devices that you can practice installing. Because of the dangers of electro-static discharge (to the machine, not the student), we do not require you to tear apart your own primary computer (and definitely do not recommend that you format or partition your primary hard drive!).
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Successful completion of the Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00