Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016 (Online Course)
Take your Microsoft Excel 2016 skills to the next level as you master charts, graphs, PivotTables, Slicers, Sparklines, AutoFilter, macros, and other advanced Excel functions.
In this hands-on course, you will learn how to create informative, eye-catching charts and graphs, and harness the power of Excel’s data analysis tools and AutoFilter commands. In addition, you will find out how easy it is to create macros that let you manipulate data with the push of a button. You will also discover how to use Goal Seek and Solver and apply them to real-world problems. Set yourself apart from the casual Excel user by adding VLOOKUP, INDEX & MATCH, and other time-saving functions to your repertoire.
Learn to create the right chart for the right job.
Get to know some of the more obscure chart types.
Learn to use AutoFilter commands and color sorting.
Discover why Goal Seek eliminates formula guesswork.
Find out how to use the Excel PivotTable to create a quick, easy-to-read summary of data in an otherwise unwieldy spreadsheet.
Become proficient at using the PivotTable to filter, group, and chart data.
Find out how Excel’s Solver tool can help you determine the optimal conditions for meeting a target.
Use the Sparklines tool to draw attention to trends in your data.
Understand how macros can help you work more efficiently by automating tasks you find time-consuming or repetitive.
Learn how to use Excel’s text functions to trim, concatenate, or convert text from one form to another.
Use Excel’s SUMIF, SUMIFS and COUNTIF functions to sum or count values that meet a desired condition.
Discover how Excel’s VLOOKUP function can help you extract the values you need from a table, and learn about the INDEX and MATCH functions.
- This course must be taken on a PC. It is not suitable for Mac users.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 or Microsoft Office 365 (not included in enrollment).
- Note that the “Starter Version” and “Web App” versions of Microsoft Excel will not work with the full version of Excel taught in this course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00