Intermediate Visual Basic (Online Course)
Gain in-demand Visual Basic skills writing sophisticated Windows programs that access and modify business databases. This course explores enriched GUI and multiple form applications as you deepen your knowledge of databases with data-bound controls, ADO.NET, and SQL.
If you’re a Visual Basic programmer who wants to go beyond the introductory level to create the sophisticated and powerful programs business users need, this course is for you. As you focus on database applications, you’ll learn the in-demand programming skills you need to get new work in the business world.
You’ll begin by learning how to enrich the graphical user interface with custom menus and toolbars. Next, you’ll explore multiple form applications, starting with built-in dialog controls, and then turning to helper forms and Multiple Document Interface applications. After that, you’ll deepen your understanding of databases. You’ll find out how to access and modify data with data-bound controls, ADO .NET, and Structured Query Language (SQL). And you’ll finish up with a survey of other areas you might be interested in studying, including information on additional SQL functionality, Web applications, and XML.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Visual Basic 2008, free Express edition.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Completion of Introduction to Visual Basic 2008 (or equivalent experience).
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00