Interviews with Radon Experts (4 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- This audio-based home study course provides you with an easy-to-use format of recorded phone interviews with respected experts in the field providing valuable information and insight to the radon industry.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- A unique and interesting course with interviews from various experts within the radon industry, ranging from physics to measurement devices to aspects of working with real estate professionals.
- There is approximately 4 hours of coursework, including audio, publications, and online quizzes that are taken as you progress through the course (not timed and may be taken unlimited times).
- There is no time limit for taking the course, and even after completion you continue to have access to the course in order to refer back to resources.
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 4 Category 1 CE CreditsThe following interviews are included:
• William Field, PhD – Univ of Iowa – “Health Effects of Radon”
• Steve Gladstone – Stonehollow, Inc. – “Radon and the Home Inspector”
• Ralph Holmen – National Association of Realtors – “Real Estate Testing”
• Phillip Jenkins, PhD, CHP – Bowser-Morner, Inc. – “QA/QC”
• Jerry D Lowry, PhD – Lowry Environmental Engineering – “Radon in Water”
• Richard Manning – Femto-Tech, Inc. – “Continuous Radon Monitors”
• Leo Moorman, PhD – HMM, Inc. – “Physics”
• Shawn Price – Air Chek, Inc. – “Activated Charcoal Devices”
• Paul Kottrapa, PhD / Rick Stieff – RadElec, Inc. – “Electret Ion Chambers”
• Mark Salasky – Landauer, Inc. – “Alpha Track Detectors”
• Dan Steck, PhD – St. John’s University – “Variability of Radon in Homes”
• Ian Thomson – Thomson Nielson – “Measuring Radon Decay Products”