Introduction to Algebra (Online Course)
Understand how algebra is relevant to every aspect of your daily life and become skilled at solving a variety of algebraic problems.
This online math course integrates mathematics, specifically algebra with many other areas of study, including history, biology, and geography. You will develop a rich understanding of math while you study algebra right here in a relaxed and supportive learning environment. Its emphasis on practical math applications of your new-found algebraic skills will help you learn math reasoning in a real-world context. As a result, you will acquire a wide variety of basic math skills that will help you find solutions to almost any math problem.
Math problem solving has never been made easier with this concise and straightforward course to help you understand some of the most important mathematical concepts of algebra: order of operations, units of measurement, scientific notation, algebraic equations, rational numbers, even fundamental concepts of accounting— calculating simple interest, and more.
By the time you finish this online math course, you will understand how algebra is relevant to every aspect of your daily life!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00