Introduction to Criminal Law (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Gain an inside look at criminal law from a former major-felony prosecutor who has appeared on Court TV. This course gives a behind the scenes look at criminal law by examining the world of prosecutors, defense attorneys, and the paralegals who work closely with them.
Criminal law is one of the most fascinating areas of legal practice. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at criminal law by examining the world of prosecutors, defense attorneys, and the paralegals who work closely with them.
You will examine all major areas of crime: from theft to murder, conspiracy to sexual assault. The trial of a criminal case will be dissected and explained for you. You’ll also explore the various types of criminal defenses, sentencing, and appeals procedures. A variety of exercises based on the lessons will give you a hands-on experience. Each lesson will also feature A View from the Inside — compelling information about the criminal justice system, in the words of actual people who experience it every day.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00