Introduction to Database Development (Self-Paced Tutorial)
This course will guide you step-by-step through all the phases of a database system development project to guarantee that the resulting product will not only work as it is designed to work, but also that the design truly responds to user needs.
A number of powerful tools are available to help you build databases and database applications. However, if you do not apply a systematic, structured approach to the use of those tools, you will probably produce systems that fail to meet user needs. Many projects bog down or are never completed for lack of a disciplined approach to development.
This course will guide you step-by-step through all the phases of a system development project to guarantee that the resulting product will not only work as it was designed to work, but also that the design truly responds to user needs.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- A database management system, such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or MySQL (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructor: Self Study
Course Hours: 24.00