Introduction to InDesign CC (Online Course)
Learn how to use Adobe InDesign CC software to create professional-quality letterhead, brochures, forms, eBooks, business materials and more.
Have you ever seen a terrific-looking brochure or newsletter and wondered how it was made? Chances are the designer used Adobe InDesign CC, the industry-standard desktop publishing software now available through the Creative Cloud.
In each lesson, you will learn an important aspect of InDesign CC and prepare a range of print and online products for a fictional company. You will get dozens of files to work with, including a partially completed InDesign document used to start each lesson. Then you will use the downloaded graphics, images, fonts, and other content to complete the project. And to check your work or troubleshoot any problems you encounter, you will always get a copy of the finished InDesign project file.
Lesson by lesson, you will discover how the program features relate to producing actual usable documents. You will explore the best ways to create different types of material, how to reuse items such as colors and artwork, and how to produce publications for different page sizes and devices. You will come away knowing how to use this popular page layout software to design and create professional-quality letterhead, business cards, brochures, forms, interactive PDF files, an eBook, and more.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe InDesign CS6 (Windows), Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium (Windows), Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Windows), InDesign CS6 (Mac), Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium (Mac), Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Mac), or Adobe InDesign CC Student or Retail versions (Mac or Windows). Older versions of Adobe InDesign are also applicable, including all versions of Adobe InDesign CS5 and CS4 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00