Introduction to Java Programming (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn about Java topics with clear, step-by-step instructions developed by an experienced Java programmer.
Build your knowledge and confidence with easy-to-understand examples and plenty of skill-building exercises. So, whether you just want to try it out to see if you like it or plan on doing more with Java, this is a great place to start!
This course uses the latest release of Java, from Oracle, the company that maintains and supports the language. You will also learn how to use BlueJ, a graphical development environment designed especially for students. Both are free open-source products, and you will receive the proper instructions to download them. By the time you’re done, you will be comfortable with Java programming and ready for more!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Linux can also be used.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- The most recent versions of the Java Development Kit (JDK) and BlueJ. Download and installation instructions will be available in Lesson 4.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00