Introduction to Microsoft Publisher (Online Course)
Ready to get creative? With Microsoft Publisher, anyone can master desktop publishing. Through dozens of hands-on exercises, you will create newsletters, calendars, greeting cards, brochures, and many other publications you can use for business, clubs, schools, and more.
Desktop publishing is not just for design professionals! Microsoft Publisher puts desktop publishing within everyone’s reach, with easy-to-use templates and designs that help you create dozens of different publication types, including greeting cards, banners, flyers, and booklets. Best of all, if you have a Microsoft 365 subscription on a Windows PC, Publisher is available at no extra cost.
The online Introduction to Microsoft Publisher course teaches you how to use Microsoft Publisher through a series of engaging and useful projects. With each project, you not only learn about a new publication type, but you also build a set of core application skills that will carry through to your own future projects, no matter what type of publication you need. By course completion, you will know how to create a brochure, design business cards, and much more!
What you will learn
- Create single-page publications like award certificates, flyers, and signs
- Make folded publications, including greeting cards and brochures
- Produce varied sizes of publications, from business cards to banners
- Design multi-page, two-sided publications like booklets, newsletters, and magazines
- Use mail merge to personalize each copy of a publication
How you will benefit
- Become the go-to desktop MS Publisher pro for your business, school, or organization
- Save money by designing and printing your own printed materials
- Express your creativity by creating original publication projects
- Open the door to new career opportunities or potential promotions
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Office 365 suite with Publisher (not included)
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
Course Hours: 24.00