Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013 (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Master the basic features of this powerful word-processing program to professionally type, edit, and format text, and spell check and print documents.
Knowing how to write reports and letters using Microsoft Word is a basic skill needed in nearly any job. This powerful word-processing program lets you professionally type, edit, format, spell check, and print documents.
In this course, you will master all the basics of Microsoft Word. You will learn how to add, move through, and edit text; move words from one part of your document to another; work on two or more documents simultaneously; change the size or appearance of text; change margins and tab settings; automatically center, right align, justify, and indent text; use tools such as the grammar checker, spell checker, and thesaurus; and save, retrieve, copy, organize, and print your documents.
You will also learn dozens of different ways to modify the appearance and content of your documents by adjusting page margins, paragraph tab settings, and line spacing to create great-looking documents quickly and easily. By the time you’re done with the step-by-step lessons and hands-on activities in this course, you will be able to use Word confidently at home or on the job.
- This course must be taken on a PC. It is not suitable for Mac users.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word 2013 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00