Introduction to Networking (Online Course)
Learn the fundamentals of networking and prepare for a career in a new and fast-growing field.
Introduction to Networking explains computer networking basics in easy to understand terms, using concepts common to everyday, non-computing experience. A brief introduction explains how networks have become so important to businesses and individuals. This course emphasizes networking fundamentals, explaining the software and hardware that makes networking possible.
On completion of the course, you will be capable of performing basic computer networking tasks such as DSL connectivity configuring connections to an Internet Service Provider and creating a private network. Be ready to begin training for CCNA Certification or employment in a computer-networking career.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (We recommend Firefox or Chrome).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00