Learn how to create dynamic, interactive Web sites using PHP and a MySQL database server.
Introduction to PHP and MySQL (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn how to create an interactive Web site, allowing visitors to post and retrieve information provided by you or your site’s visitors. In this six-week online course, you’ll see how to create dynamic Web pages using the PHP programming language and the MySQL database server.
During the course, you’ll walk through the development of a complete content management system Web application. You’ll receive clear, step-by-step, instructions demonstrating how to create a complete Web site capable of dynamically displaying data from a MySQL database.
You’ll discover how you can allow your site’s visitors to add new information to an online database, search through posted data, and create meaningful printed reports. By the end of this course, you’ll have plenty of useful code templates that will help you create your very own dynamic, Web-based, content management system.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users will not be able to use the WAMP5 software, and must provide their own PHP and MySQL development environment.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- During the first lesson in the course, you will be walked through the process of installing WAMP5 software, which provides a full PHP and MySQL development environment. You can download WAMP5 for free here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Prior HTML coding experience is helpful, but not required.
Course Hours: 24.00