Introduction to Programming (Online Course)
Take your first steps toward a career as a computer programmer as you get hands-on practice writing applications containing GUIs, sound, and graphics. This course will provide the skills and confidence you need to program in BASIC and design your own custom applications for home, school, or work.
Take your first steps toward a career as a computer programmer! In this course, you’ll learn to use Just BASIC, a free Windows programming language, to create stand-alone applications for professional or personal use.
Even if you’ve never programmed before, you’ll find it easy to follow the step-by-step instructions in each lesson. By the end of the course, you’ll have the skills and confidence you need to program in BASIC and design your own custom applications for home, school, or work.
- This course must be taken on a PC. A Mac is not compatible.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. No previous programming knowledge or experience is required.
Course Hours: 24.00