Introduction to the Medical Laboratory (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn key skills needed to become a medical laboratory professional and play a vital role in the healthcare system.
This self-paced course will introduce you to working in a medical laboratory. You will learn how to perform common tests in each laboratory department, as well as specimen collection, handling, and processing. You will gain also key skills for working with laboratory instruments and computer systems and how they work with laboratory professionals to improve quality and efficiency.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer operating systems.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Other: Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course online.
Course Hours: 24.00