Keyboarding (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn how to touch-type or improve your existing typing skills using Keyboarding Pro 5.
If you want to learn touch-typing or improve your existing typing skills, this is the perfect course for you! In these lessons, you’ll use the Keyboarding Pro 5 program, a typing tutorial designed for personal computers, to learn how to touch-type—that is, to type text you read from a printed page or a computer screen without looking at your keyboard.
With the skills you master here, you’ll become faster and more confident at the keyboard. By the end of the course, you’ll know how to touch-type the alphabetic, numeric, and symbol keys; create, save, and edit word processing documents; and successfully take a timed writing test during a job interview.
- This course must be taken on a PC. A Mac is not compatible.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- When the class starts, you’ll receive instructions in Lesson 1 for downloading and installing a working copy of Keyboarding Pro 5. Please do not purchase or download the software from another source.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00