Medical Math (Online Course)
Master the math skills you need to succeed in the medical field ranging from calculating dosages to using scientific formulas. The hands-on activities in this course will help you perform day-to-day math tasks quickly and easily.
You will master medical calculations in and engaging environment in these fun and practical lessons. You will gain the medical math skills you need for anything from calculation dosages to using scientific formulas. Whatever medical field you are in, the hands-on activities in this course will help you perform day-to-day math tasks quickly and easily.
You will brush up your basic math skills by reviewing fractions, decimals, and percentages. Then you will dive into measurement systems and conversions used in the medical field. You will do dosage calculations for oral, parenteral, and intravenous medications. You will explore three different methods you can use for dosage calculations. You will also learn an easy formula that you can apply to many dosage calculations. Then you will get an introduction to basic statistics and probability. You will find out how to interpret the latest medical findings for your patients. Whether you are new to the field of medicine or want to enhance your skills, this is the course for you. By the time you finish these lessons, you will have a solid grounding in basic medical math.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00