Medical Terminology II: A Focus on Human Disease (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn medical terminology related to all 11 of the body’s organ systems, with an emphasis on human disease, diagnostic procedures, and treatment techniques.
Take a journey through the human body and learn medical terminology related to all 11 of its organ systems. In this course, we discuss diseases of the cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, nervous, skeletal, muscular, integumentary (skin), urinary, digestive, and male and female reproductive systems. We also go over different diagnostic and treatment procedures for each system. As you progress through the course, you’ll learn the meaning of many prefixes, root words, and suffixes, and you’ll greatly increase your medical terminology vocabulary!
To reinforce your learning, the lessons include activities and assignments designed to give you additional practice in understanding and remembering the medical terminology taught in this course. By the end of this course, you’ll find that you have greatly increased your knowledge of medical terminology as well as broadened your understanding of human disease!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00