Learn to use PL/SQL to write sophisticated queries against an Oracle database.
Oracle PL/SQL Training
This self-paced SQL training course is perfect for advancing your current SQL skills. While Oracle uses a standard SQL like other major databases, PL/SQL is specific to Oracle. PL/SQL is a procedural language with variables, conditions, loops, subprograms, stored procedures, and functions. By course completion, you will understand and know how to use PL/SQL’s main features, including declaring, naming, and assigning variables.
What students will learn
- How to write a simple block of PL/SQL code and about subprograms in PL/SQL.
- To create and call procedures and functions.
- To write IF conditions, to use the CASE statement and to handle exceptions in PL/SQL.
- To use implicit and explicit cursors.
- To use triggers for validating data and auditing changes to the database.
How students will benefit
- Gain skills that every developer needs
- Bring your advanced SQL/PL skills to any web development job
- Advance your career as an Oracle developer
- This course must be taken on a PC device. A Mac OS is not compatible.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) 12c or 18c – Free edition of Oracle RDBMS.
- Oracle SQL Developer – The client interface for connecting to Oracle. (Software not included)
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Prior to enrolling in this course, we recommend having an intermediate understanding of SQL or taking the Oracle SQL Training course.
Course Hours: 70.00