Photoshop CC for the Digital Photographer (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud (also called Photoshop CC) to edit and enhance your photographic images.
Adobe Photoshop CC (also known as Photoshop Creative Cloud) is a powerful subscription software solution providing support and specialized editing tools for digital photographers and graphic artists. In this course you will master techniques to edit and enhance your digital images and add a professional polish to your work. The course offers simple, step-by-step instructions for basics like cropping, rotation, and sizing images. You will experiment with Photoshop’s tools for correcting exposure, adjusting color and colorcasts, and work with Adobe’s powerful layer and selection tools. You will learn how to add text, retouch, and even clone away unwanted elements from your images. You will discover how to work with raw images and prepare images for print or online use.
In this course, you will be guided through detailed explanations and instructions for using the tools that make this software so popular and unique in the world of digital editing. Whether you are a novice or accomplished photo editor, this course will give you a collection of useful techniques that will quickly show you amazing results in your images.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- This course is written with Windows software, but Macintosh users will find the software is quite similar and are welcome in this course. Mac users will need to be comfortable with the normal Windows/Mac conversion for keyboard differences, which will be provided in class. All coursework and examples are based on Windows using Photoshop CC software (not included in enrollment).
- PC: Windows 8 or newer(64-bit), Windows 10 October 2018 update (64-bit) version 1809 or later.
- Mac: macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- You will need Adobe’s Photoshop CC or later updates, such as Photoshop CC (2014), installed and functioning to take full advantage of the course (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
You should feel comfortable acquiring digital images, either with a digital camera, using images scanned onto CDs, or scanning film prints. Basic computer skills, such as using a mouse, creating and accessing folders, and downloading and saving files will be briefly reviewed in this course, but should be familiar to you.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00