Presenting Radon Programs (16 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- Whether you are a radon professional or an environmental health professional there is a common need to provide accurate and constructive information about radon.
- CERTI’s new course Presenting Radon Programs is designed to assist individuals in delivering radon programs to a host of audiences from Real Estate professionals to builders and ultimately to the consumer.
- The course is based upon many years of experience that CERTI has had in assisting State Radon Programs in public outreach efforts and recognizing what has worked and what has not.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim.
These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- Included in the course is a 53 slide PowerPoint program licensed for use by those that complete the course.
- These are a set of executable slides that can be supplemented with the presenter’s information and adapted for locally pertinent conditions. They can also be pared down for shorter presentations or expanded depending upon the duration of a presentation.
- The course focuses on delivery techniques to help the presenter prepare and deliver the programs.
- This includes topics such as types of equipment to use, constructive messaging, dealing with questions and the occasional heckler. Although provided in the context of giving talks on Radon, these approaches are transferable to any topic one may be presenting on.
- In addition to the generic slide set and tips on presentations, there are videotaped examples of how the slides were used in an actual presentation, tips on how to answer difficult questions, evaluation forms, and registration forms. In other words, the tools to be confident as a radon advocate while professionally marketing your business
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job.
•Videos (can be paused and navigated via Table of Contents or Key Word Search)
• Executable PowerPoint for use in giving Radon Presentations
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 16 CE Credits (Category 1)