Radon Challenges – Gnarly Tales from the Field
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- Interpreting radon measurements or mitigating buildings with radon concerns is not always as easy we would like them to be.
- Experienced radon professionals from both sides of the profession occasionally will run across a situation that doesn’t necessarily fit the simple diurnal cycles that affect stack effect or houses that don’t adhere to the simple mitigation diagrams we often see in texts.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- This course addresses unique challenges to the radon professional including:
• Buried Return Ducts
• Wind Spikes
• Highly Permeable Soils
• Inaccessible Crawlspace
• In-Floor Heating Systems
• Untreated Adjacent Foundations
• Working with Tight Soils
• Leaky Forced Air Ductwork
• Emanation from Contaminated Building Materials
• Post Tension Slabs
- This course goes beyond simply identifying these concerns but actually presents solutions using real life case studies. It also demonstrates the use of diagnostic equipment to aid one in identifying a problem and provides downloadable tools that the student can use for estimating pressure drop in mitigation systems, air flow as well as the significance of a radon emanation source.
- Recorded with a live audience, the virtual student benefits from the formal instruction and contributions from the seasoned professionals who participated.
- The format of the course combines video of presenter and attendees synchronized with PowerPoint slides for an experience comparable to being “in the classroom” without the hassle, which has become a hallmark for CERTI courses.
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job.
•Video (can be paused and navigated via Table of Contents or Key Word Search)
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 16 CE Credits (Category 1)