Radon Measurement and Mitigation Bundle
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI. Purchase both entry level Certification courses together and save!
- Radon and Radon Decay Product Measurement Course
- Radon Mitigation Technology
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
This package includes all of these items:
Radon Mitigation Technology
Radon and Radon Decay Product Measurement Course
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
RADON AND RADON DECAY PRODUCT MEASUREMENT COURSE
- The course includes a comprehensive and easy to use format of video instruction which allows you to study the material at your own pace.
- The video instruction is supplemented with a Course Manual and with many extra supplemental resources which includes audio interviews with experts within the radon industry.
- This course is designed to provide you with all the instruction you need for becoming certified as well as valuable practical advice and resources for managing your radon business. With an impressive 92% passing rate on the certification exams, these courses have proven to be successful and popular in preparing students for the certification exam and for conducting business.
- There is approximately 24 hours of coursework, including watching videos; online resources such as, protocols, and publications; and quizzes that are taken as you progress through the course (not timed and may be taken unlimited times).
- There is no time limit for taking the course, and even after completion you continue to have access to the course in order to refer back to resources.
RADON MITIGATION TECHNOLOGY
- The easy-listening format of the audio Instruction includes interviews with experts in the radon industry providing you with insight into their experience as well as substantive technological and practical information. With an impressive 92% passing rate on the certification exams, these courses have proven to be successful and popular in preparing students for the certification exam and for conducting business.
- One of the favorite aspects of this course is the opportunity for students to apply their skills with oversight and mentoring advice from a course instructor. This is done in the “Field Exercises” at the end of the course in which the student identifies a house that can be used and has had a radon test performed (typically the student’s home or a home of a friend or relative). The student then designs a system based upon knowledge they have obtained in the course, which is reviewed in a one-on-one conversation with the Lead Instructor. The student then installs the system, taking photos throughout the process and of the final system, which are then reviewed in another one-on-one discussion with the Lead Instructor where additional helpful tips and practices are provided. This approach has proven to be very successful as it reinforces the educational content with a meaningful hands-on experience with the assistance of a seasoned practitioner. As an added benefit it provides a research house to study during different seasons, as well as pictures of a house you have mitigated for use in marketing. Alternatively, if you currently work for a company that installs mitigation systems, photos of systems you have installed can also be a basis for discussions with the CERTI instructor to fulfill your field exercise. Other options are also available that can be custom fit to your situation or business plan.
- There is approximately 24 hours of coursework, including listening to audio instruction (in short audio tracks so you can listen to as many or as few as you want at any time); online resources such as videos, protocols, and publications; and quizzes that are taken as you progress through the course (not timed and may be taken unlimited times), plus the time for your field exercises.
- There is no time limit for taking the course, and even after completion you continue to have access to the course in order to refer back to resources. Courses not available in: Florida, Illinois, and Ohio
•Video Instruction •Course Manual •New ANSI-AARST Standards •Online Resources of publications, protocols, audio interviews with radon experts •Online Quizzes •Downloadable Course Certificate •NEW! Comprehensive Measurement and Mitigation Exam Prep now included at no additional cost