Radon Response for Schools and Commercial Buildings (4 Hours)
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- This 4 hr CE course was a live webcast during the AARST 2020 Virtual International Radon Symposium.
- The recorded session includes questions and answers from attendees.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim.
These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- A school has had a radon survey done and found elevated levels, now what?
- Is it time to start drilling holes and running pipe?
- Or is a follow-up investigation warranted to identify specific causes and perhaps more cost-effective approaches?
- Large buildings, especially those with complicated HVAC systems offer challenges that are not found in homes.
- On the other hand, they can also offer solutions.
- This course walks the student through a process for assessing results, identifying problems and developing a radon response plan that can be executed by building personnel in concert with radon and HVAC personnel and at a price that fits their budget.
- This course is of particular benefit for mitigation contractors called in after a survey, as well as radon professionals who conduct radon surveys in large buildings and are asked, “What Next?”
- The course consists of lecture, student interaction, field footage and a real-life case study
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job.
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Resources
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 4 Category 1 CE Credits