Responsive Web Design (Online Course)
Create websites that are intuitive, inviting, accessible, and attractive. This course will teach you to design and build fully responsive websites optimized for smartphones, tablets, and laptop/desktop viewing environments.
In today’s online environment, web designers must create websites that are responsive to provide a positive experience in every viewport—from small touch-screen environments to large-screen browsers where users interact using a mouse or pointing device. Web design requires building sites that are intuitive, inviting, accessible, and attractive in every possible device and environment.
In this course, you will learn to identify and address every aspect of responsive web design: from scaling elements and adjusting page layout, to adapting color schemes and implementing accessible forms. You will master the use of HTML5 linked to media queries in CSS3 to adapt content to fit your user’s viewpoint, and see how jQuery Mobile can help you to mobile sites. This course will teach you to design and build fully responsive websites optimized for smartphones, tablets, and laptop/desktop viewing environments.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Some experience creating web pages with HTML and CSS is needed before enrolling in this course.
Course Hours: 24.00