South Carolina Residential Builder Exam Review – Course Bundle
The South Carolina Residential Builder Exam Review Online includes:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Plans Analysis
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
*Includes Business and Law Practice Tests
This package includes all of these items:
South Carolina Business and Law Practice Tests (Commercial and Residential)$115.99
South Carolina Residential Builder Exam Review$219.99
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Carpentry & Building Construction
- Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
- Handling, Installing, and Bracing Wood Trusses
- 2018 International Residential Code
- Modern Masonry
- South Carolina Residential Building Tab Pack
Applying for Licensure
All applicants will be required to submit a credit report with their application. Application fee of $100 must be sent with the application when seeking pre-approval. Licenses renew July 1 of each even numbered year. The licensing fee for the Residential Builder is $80 for 12 months or less and $160 for 12 months or more.
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, SC 29211
- 110 questions and a time limit of 360 minutes
- A score of 70% (77 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- Exam fee is $75
- Topics include: Sitework and Foundations, Concrete, Concrete Reinforcement, Masonry, Carpentry, Associated Trades and Drywall, Roofing, Plan Reading, and Estimating
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.