Spanish for Law Enforcement (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Communicate more effectively with the Spanish-speakers around you, and add a valuable skill to your resume. This course will help you master basic Spanish and gain more power handling situations that involve Spanish-speaking victims, witnesses, or criminals.
With more and more Spanish-speaking people living in the United States every year, learning the Spanish language is becoming ever more important. In the law enforcement field, mastering basic Spanish will give you more power to handle situations involving Spanish-speaking victims, witnesses, or criminals. It’s also a smart career move, because adding Spanish skills to your resume can open doors to new job opportunities.
Whether you’re new to the Spanish language or just want a refresher, this course will teach you the basic Spanish phrases you need for everything from making casual conversation to handling life-or-death situations. You’ll start with simple vocabulary for everyday topics including colors, numbers, conversational phrases, family names, and words for asking questions. You will learn Spanish terminology you can use during arrests, traffic stops, medical emergencies, and many other common law enforcement situations. By the end of this course, you will be well on your way to being a Spanish speaker and communicating more effectively with the Spanish speakers all around you.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00